[Zope-dev] Can't paste CatalogAware object

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 17:47:01 +0200

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> I have a ZClass that inherits (indirectly thorugh a python class) from
> CatalogAware.
>
> I cut an instance, then paste it.  I get the following error (2.1.0 and
> 2.1.1):
>
>                Error Type: AttributeError
>                Error Value: aq_acquire

So I implemented absolute_url in my python base class with the call to
aq_parent.absolute_url done with relative=1 instead of just passing
relative.  Why does OFS.Application.Application call aq_acquire if it
doesn't inherit from Acquisiton.Explicit?

This solves this problem, but I get another one.

In CatalogAwareness, in the url function, there is a call to
self.REQUEST['SCRIPT_NAME'] - but I get an error saying REQUEST doesn't
exist.  How the hell does Zope decide when you have access to self.REQUEST
and when you don't?  I can't seem to find any way to tell when it'll work or
not.

--
Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net