[Zope-dev] Permissions interface improvement request

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:43:02 -0500 (EST)

Perhaps this has been brought up before, and perhaps there is some
other place I should submit it (if so, let me know).  Also of course
let me know if there is some way to do this and I'm just not seeing it.

In working with the security screens in zope I have one major
problem with the interface.  I have a site, and at the top level
I define some new roles and give them some global permissions.
Then I have a subfolder.  Now, in this subfolder I do *not* want
anonymous view access, etc.  As far as I can see, the only way to
remove anonymous view access is to remove the 'inherit permissions'
from those permissions that anonymous has, and then to give them
back to those roles that ought to have them.  This seems like a
lot of work with some potential for mistakes on later updates, when
all I really want is a checkbox that says, 'anonymous has no
permissions in this folder'.

So assuming I'm not overlooking something, I guess my enhancement
request is that there be an 'inherit permissions' checkbox for each
role as well as for each permission.

--RDM