[Zope-dev] Product standardization

'Martijn Faassen' faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:38:14 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote:
> > > Without getting too deep into discussion of how a task like
> > this gets
> > > started and what its goals should be, I am willing to
> > loosely "review" a
> > > few products as requested and as time allows.
> >
> > Great! How does one put in a request? :)
>
> I think you just did.  Which one?

Awesome. :)

ZFormulator. You can get it from the site. Points of special attention:

* rather hacked up way to add fields to a form; mostly done to shield
myself and other programmers from Zope when adding a new field type. This
could definitely be cleaner

* possibly related, a security bug that I don't know how to fix. Only the
superuser can add fields to a form for some reason.

Besides that, anything you can come up with. :)

Note that I'm planning a new release for ZFormulator next week so you may
want to wait until then (it contains some minor bug fixes, and some patches
with possibly a large impact).

I must also admit that ZFormulator may not be a 'typical' product; it does
quite a bit of fancy stuff. Though I don't know if the typical product
actually exists; most seem to do rather fancy stuff. :)

I'd be glad to supply any more info that you like. Next week I also intend
to start a simple core guideline doc based off Amos list (along with my
own comments).

Regards,

Martijn