[Zope-dev] simple revision control(?) for Data.fs.

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:58:40 +1100

>>> Evan Gibson wrote
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 12:31:15AM -0500, Pavlos Christoforou wrote:
> > Hi Anthony -
> > I read a posting once where someone suggested using rsync to do something
> > similar. Rsync just transmits the changes between versions and has (the
> > newer version) support for network access.
>
> How well does it handle the differences between packed and unpacked data.fs
> files?

more to the point: will it allow me to say 'give me the data.fs file as
it was at 2000/01/05, 5am'[*] ? The code I've just about finished will
do this, and it also only stores deltas between files (unless the md5
changes, or the file shrinks, in which case it writes a full file).

I also plan to support gzipping the data files in the repository. Once
this is done, I'll be running it 12-hourly here to allow us some recovery
to any cases of screwups.

Anthony

[*] well, 'the last backup before this date'.