[Zope-dev] Authentication Patch

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:51:53 +1100 (EST)

On 12 Jan 2000, Esben Haabendal Soerensen wrote:

> Evan> I got tired of dealing with the weird mechanics cookie-based
> Evan> logins have to deal with, where standard_html_error and
> Evan> tracebacks intrude on login intercepts.  I came up with the
> Evan> following minor change, which works great for me, and might make
> Evan> GenericUserFolder's job easier, too.

> Evan> What do you folks think?

Evan - If it works like you say, it will mean I get to strip quite a bit
of ugly code out of GUF (or at least skip it if the Zope version number
is high enough) :-) I have no time atm though to check for sure...

> Nice.  I wouldn't mind seeing this go into next release of GUF.

I would want this patch to be part of an official Zope release first -
I don't want to have part of my installation instruction involve patching
sections of DC's code :-)

It might be possible to intigrate with SiteAccess without the patch
being released by DC - I would need to ensure GUF works without it though
(since I have no need of SiteAccess on my own site atm).

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au