[Zope-dev] URL quoting, '/' problems with ZCatalog

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:38:46 -0500

I took out that error being raised, BTW, now the Catalog silently
ignores you when you try and uncatalog an id it has never heard of.

> 1. Find Items to ZCatalog vs. IndexAware:
> Finf and IndexAware index object in the ZCatalog.  The
> problem is that they
> do it using completely different formats.
> Find creates ZCatalog entries with a / in the beginning, and
> not url_quoted.
> IndexAware creates ZCatalog entries without a / in the beginning, and
> url_quoted.

Ok.

Finding objects and ZClasses both have the same path behavior now.  The
all begin with a slash '/' and are NOT url quoted.  I tested this with
both regular objects and CatalogAware ZClasses, in various catalogs in
various folders with variously named paths that required quoting.
Jasons bug report was valid and Itamar's diagnosis was correct.

It *looks* like it all works, and its checked into the CVS right now.

Further, I fixed removed entirely the 'uncatalog absent id' error that
Catalog raises if you try and uncatalog an object that doesn't exist in
the catalog.  The Catalog now silently ignores these errors.

-Michel