[Zope-dev] Zope hanging on high loads

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:09:36 +0100

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Oleg Broytmann's letter:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> > I have found a mod_pcgi2 for apache that should bypass pcgi-wrapper,
> > has somebody some more information on it? I compiled it but I am
> > unable to use it to access zope pages. srm.conf and httpd.conf
> > examples would be wellcome... :)
>
>    Download latest version (1.0.0). The README file contains description
> for all configuration directives; also there are some examples.
>    If you still will be in trouble - write here. I got few success stories
> about the module and hadn't got any bug report or feature request yet.

downloaded, compiled, installed. now, my httpd.conf contains
(note: the strange paths are due to the debian Zope install):

PCGI_SOFTWARE_NAME Zope
PCGI_SOFTWARE_HOME /usr/lib/zope
PCGI_SOFTWARE_EXE /usr/bin/python
PCGI_MODULE_PATH /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope
PCGI_PUBLISHER /usr/lib/zope/pcgi/pcgi_publisher.py
PCGI_SOCKET_FILE /var/lib/zope/var/Z2-pcgi.soc
PCGI_PID_FILE /var/lib/zope/var/Z2-pcgi.pid
PCGI_ERROR_LOG /var/lib/zope/var/Z2-pcgi.log
PCGI_DISPLAY_ERRORS 1

/var/log/apache/error.log contains:

[Thu Jan 20 16:05:36 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) Debian/GNU (mod_pcgi2/1.0.0; PCGI/2.0a5) configured -- resuming normal operations

in srm.conf I have:

<Location /test>
SetHandler pcgi-handler
PCGI_ROOT /
PCGI_SetEnv SiteRootPATH /
</Location>

but apache returns page not found (note that the zserver is up and running
before starting apache.) can somebody help?

thank you very much (this is no more -dev stuff, just tell me if I
have to move to another ML),

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio