[Zope-dev] Zope Futures discussion: your input

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:59:14 +0100

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Evan Simpson's letter:
> Chris McDonough wrote:
>
> > Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> > > Talking about external methods I have a little problem with them: every
> > > time a method outputs to stdout zope bombs and you have to restart it.
> > > So we have to put try/except clauses around anything when an exception
> > > logged somewere would be much better in debugging the method. It is a
> > > problem of my installation, a known one or a feature?
> >
> > I don't think it's a known issue (at least by me)... can you reliably
> > reproduce it?
>
> If Federico is talking about the same problem that ZPyGreSQL users
> encountered, then it only happens when Zope is run as a daemon.  As long as
> it is started with a pty to talk to, it's fine.  Start it using the sysvinit
> script, and it goes down *hard* every time something prints (in the ZPyGreSQL
> case, whenever Zope propagated an error message from PostgreSQL).

that is. we start zope as a daemon, without a pty.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog@mixadlive.com