[Zope-dev] How to use document templates

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 15:36:04 +0100

Jarkko Veijalainen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Where can i find S_I_M_P_L_E example of using document templates with
> zope/python. I have this external method, wich return several variables from
> object class. I want to embed to results in DTML page.
>
> The method is called from Zope by HTML form with 3 input attributes. Right
> now i have only managed to get obj.member in return plain screen. I can't
> use <dtml-var> tag, because i need to send those input values to the
> external method. ( i must be sound like real newbie, in fact i'm  :) )
>
> How i get those results in DTML page? Is the templates the answer or this
> there better way to this.

is to do with using Zope in a standard way, rather than developing Zope.

Sounds to me like you're not really sure where to start. Try going
through the Job board tutorial, as it will give you an idea of how
things work together.

  http://www.zope.org/Members/mukhsein/job_board_howto

If you want something that is easier to follow, with screenshots and
fuller explanations, and you don't mind paying for it, you might want to
look at Beehive's ZClass Tutorial.

http://hive.beehive.de/Beehive/www.beehive.de/Zope/ZClassTutorialEnglish_html

Also, take a look at the Zope documentation project.

  http://zdp.zope.org

Furthermore, there's a tutorial that comes packaged with the latest 2.2
beta versions of Zope. You might like to try that, too.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer