[Zope-dev] ZClass inheriting from ObjectManager and DataSkin?

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 19:56:56 -0500

At 01:58 PM 7/5/00 +0300, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
>Are there (or better yet, what are) any potential problems here?  My gut
>feeling was that it wouldn't work, but you can at the very least add objects
>in instances of the ZClass - deleting and renaming don't work though.

When you say deleting and renaming don't work, I'm not following you.  Are
you using these ObjectManager dataskins in a Rack, or in a Folder
w/customization support?  If the latter, have you set up a customizer for
that meta-type?  And when you say they don't work, do you mean no triggers
fire, or that they just plain don't work.  (Tracebacks would be nice in the
latter case.)