[Zope-dev] Request for amplification on new Product permissio ns API.

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:58:12 -0400

> So, what do I need to do to allow controlled access to this object?
> I understand that Shopper, inheriting from SimpleItem, already has
> the access to unprotected subobjects flag.  And I'd rather protect
> the object correctly, anyway <grin>.  I tried adding an ac_permissions
> structure to the class, giving View permission to the attribute
> that is throwing the unauthorized error, but that doesn't seem to
> have changed the behavior.

Are you calling:

Globals.default__class_init__(MyBasketClass)

on your Basket class? This is (poorly documented but)
necessary for permissions declared in __ac_permissions__
to be correctly initialized.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909