[Zope-dev] Overriding a method in an instance.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:11:08 +0100

Hi,

I guess this should be a feature request for the collector but I thought
I'd see what other people thought first...

I'd really like to be able to override methods in an instance of an
object. Examples I can think of are Squishdot and the Tracker.

In Squishdot, or any ZCatalog for that matter, it'd be great to override
searchResults to return what I want, formatted how I want.

In Tracker, the same could be said for index_html.

These may be bad examples, but hopefully you see what I mean...

Anyway, if you do try to override, you get a 'This id is already in use'
error. How do you get around it and how should this problem be solved?

cheers,

Chris