[Zope-dev] Request for amplification on new Product permissio ns API.

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:13:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> Are you calling:
>
> Globals.default__class_init__(MyBasketClass)
>
> on your Basket class? This is (poorly documented but)
> necessary for permissions declared in __ac_permissions__
> to be correctly initialized.

Poorly? <grin>

Only three classes seem to use this in the base Products: MailBase
in MailHost, Draft in OFSP, and ZCatalog. <shrug>

I've added a call to this method to the end of the file that defines
this class.  My __ac__permissions__ structure assigns 'View' privilege
to the 'items' method.  I still get an unauthorized error when the
dtml tries to access that method on the subobject.

--RDM