[Zope-dev] Zope 2.1.6 packages

Jens Vagelpohl Jens@digicool.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:48:21 -0400

hi all,

from my own experience i know user nobody is 99 and group nobody is the
same on linux, but BSDs seem to have another convention there. on a
FreeBSD box i looked at right now nobody was user 65534 or so.

as chris mcdonough remarked earlier in this thread, it is much more
important to get acquanted to your version of tar and use it so that
your untarring user gets ownership. there is no way anyone could package
up a zope distribution to make the ownerships suitable for all possible
users out there.

i think common sense is, as always, a better guide than expecting that
things will magically be perfect.

jens