[Zope-dev] External Method Missery

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:19:47 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:
> Ah... but are you calling the external method from a DTML method? These
> are all methods, and therefore you'd expect the "self" object to be the
> object the methods are subobjects of.

The exact turn of events is that index_html is a DTML method which shows
a DTML _document_ with <dtml-var doc_name>

The header, in which the navtree is rendered, is a DTML method that's
called from the doc_name DTML document with another <dtml-var>

navtree is a DTML method which calls the external method.

So unravel all that, and you can decide for yourself ;-)

See my reply to my own posting which poses another interesting question.

It'd be nice to have some way of finding whether the object being
rendered to the browser is the result of rendering a DTML method _on_
the object or just the object itself...

cheers,

Chris