[Zope-dev] Optimization and speed

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:15:39 -0700

>It looks like the pages you are serving are mostly big tables.  Both
>Netscape and IE
>won't reder anything unless they got everything in the table.
>
>I would try to time the 'wget' speed to verify if zope is slow or not.

Well, I kinda did that using telnet. I telneted into port 80 and then asked
for an HTML page. I took about 3 secs (that's okay) for Zope to render the
HTML page and then it bursted it out all at once.
As I read from the other E-mails, Zope does not stream HTML to the HTTP
Server till it is done laying out the site. That is the real problem.

But the problem is still not solved. I am still 50% slower than other
sites, even though Zope does not stream the data out. I played with the SQL
Method cache; maybe I have to increase it more.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter