[Zope-dev] The Application object

Yves-Eric Martin yemartin@garage.co.jp
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:10:55 +0900

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:50:27 -0400
Shane Hathaway <shane@digicool.com> wrote:

> import Zope
> app = Zope.app()
>
> get_transaction().commit()

    I am doing just that in the next version of zzLocale (Zope interface
internationalization product) I was about to release. I figured it out
(http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Misc/DEBUGGING.txt), but:

> You *must* remember to close the connection:
>
> app._p_jar.close()

    This is not mentionned in the above document, so I was doing without
so far, and did not run into any problem. Now that I see it, I believe
this is the Right Thing to Do and will include it in the release. But
since you put an emphasis on its being required, can you tell us what
evil things may happen if you don't close the connection? (Consuming
ressources?)

--
Yves-Eric Martin
Digital Garage Inc.