[Zope-dev] Broken instances when upgrading from 2.1.6 to 2.2

noa@maxnm.com noa@maxnm.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:33:00 +0300 (IDT)

Hello,

I create a ZClass which subclasses ZCatalog, in my 2.1.6 zope.
Then I move the Data.fs to a 2.2 and all the instances of mt ZClass show
up as broken

   This object is broken because the unknown product that created it is no
   longer installed or is installed incorrectly.  (...)

The ZClass itself is fine, and I have no problem creating new instances
and managing them.

I tried to export the instances from the 2.1.6, and importing them
into 2.2

but alas:

   The object broken does not support this operation

(traceback follows)

Does anybody know why this happens? can anyone please help?
Thanks,
Noa

   Traceback (innermost last):
     File /hd1/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in
   publish_module
     File /hd1/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
     File /hd1/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
   zpublisher_exception_hook
       (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
     File /hd1/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in publish
     File /hd1/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
       (Object: manage_importObject)
     File /hd1/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in
   call_object
       (Object: manage_importObject)
     File /hd1/zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 496, in
manage_importObject
     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
     File /hd1/zope/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py, line 402, in
_verifyObjectPaste
     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
   Copy Error: (see above)