[Zope-dev] Zope 2.2.0 and SiteAccess 2.0.0b2 -- doesn't work?

Michael Monsen phydoux@xmission.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:07:57 -0600 (MDT)

Thanks for responding.

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Otto Hammersmith wrote:

> Works great for me.
>
> Did you read http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess2/upgrading and
> do the steps listed there?

	I am not upgrading from an earlier version of Zope or of
SiteAccess. This is a fresh install of Zope 2.2.0 with SiteAccess 2.0.0b2.
I suppose I could try these steps even though they don't seem to apply to
my situation.

> The one thing I did have to change was my access rule.  I had been using
> the hack where you append /Z/ to manage interface URI's so they don't
> get rewritten.  What I had was using REQUEST.setURL() to put the /Z/
> back in, well that method went away.  I just changed it to
> REQEUST.setVirtualRoot() and it worked great.

	Since I have a brand new fresh install, this doesn't seem to apply
to my situation either.  (I'll also admit that it's slightly over my
head.)

	This is particularly frustrating to me because I have installed
both pieces of software (Zope and SiteAccess) "out of the box", so to
speak, with default configurations, and I can't seem to get it to work.
I figured that in such a stock environment it would work immediately.

--
Michael Monsen                   | Due to lack of interest,
phydoux@xmission.com             |    next week has been cancelled.