[Zope-dev] Stuff hanging off user not in cookies

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:53:29 -0400

> Is there are reason why configuration info for the user
> doesn't hang off
> the user object and is instead stored in cookies?
>
> I'm thinking of the dimensions/etc of the edit boxes and the
> like. I do
> a lot of work through virtual domains and it's a real pain having to
> resize that edit box every time I log in through a different domain or
> on a different computer...

Have you looked at the "Better User Management" proposal? One
aspect of it is a better level of lowest-common-denominator
support for extended attributes. I think that a prerequisite
for what you are asking for is a well-defined interface for
hanging extended attrs on users that can work reliably (or
fail in a well-defined way) for whatever flavor of user
source you are using.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/BetterUserManagement

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909