[Zope-dev] Re: zpatterns-0.4.0a5: problemwithunregistering transactionals

Jephte CLAIN Jephte.Clain@univ-reunion.fr
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:06:11 +0400

> Okay, that makes sense.  2.1.6 has a weirdness in the ZPublisher exception
> hook that begins a new transaction instead of aborting the old one cleanly,
I did notice this.

> and that ultimately causes the objects to get aborted twice.  I reported
> this a month or two ago and it got fixed in 2.2.
rahhh, is Zope 2.2 the only way to go? :-)

> You're going to have to
> go with your patch, though, because there's not a simple patch you can
> apply to 2.1.6 to fix the problem in Zope itself.  Unfortunately, it is
> hard for me to tell whether your patch has any other repercussions.  :(  I
> will try to review the structure of my Transactional class and see if there
> are any side effects (besides the one you've found) of an object being
> aborted twice.
Thanks a lot.
By the way, besides new features like skinscript and proxy settings, did
you fix any bugs from 0.4.0a5 in 0.4.1a5 that would make me have to
upgrade my current ZPatterns?

regards,
jephte.clain@univ-reunion.fr