[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-PTK] PROPOSAL: Splitting ZPatternsinto two products

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:17:58 +0100

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
> DataSkins themselves,

Okay, I'm being dumb again, but could someone explain to me how the name
DataSkin came about and how it relates to what these objects do?

:S

> That might be, but the PlugIns part isn't really where it should be before
> it could even be proposed to go into the Zope core.  The biggest hurdle
> remaining is full ZClass support.

How does this interact with DC's plans to redo ZClasses? (although I'm
not sure there are plans here yet, I just got the feeling there were..)

> >Has anyone done anything with the 'glossary wiki' idea I punted out a
> >while back?
>
> I don't believe so.  But I think that splitting the package will make
> documentation easier.  Partly because it will allow starting from a fresh
> viewpoint that is DataSkins-centric and more use-oriented.  I figure on
> leaving the ZPatterns Wiki alone for the most part until the DataSkins docs
> start to mature, and then yanking out documentation-type stuff from the
> ZPatterns Wiki and re-purposing it to focus on application design, object
> modelling, and the like, in the context of the DataSkins and PlugIns packages.

Sounds great :-)

cheers,

Chris