[Zope-dev] Wrapper Interface

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 12:04:28 +0100

Hi,

I've come across the need for this a few times now and I'm wondering if
there is/should be a better/standard way of doing it. Basically, there
seems to be a 'type' of object which basically does something and then
calls another (specified per instance) method.

Examples:
Site Access Rule - Calls the specified method before traversal
Mail-in Client - Calls a specified method when an incoming email is
recieved for the appropriate address.

There was another one too but I can't remember it :(

The way SiteAccess did this wasn't pretty but seemed like the right
idea.
I'm more inclined to do this with a seperate object that has a dropdown
list for you to choose the method from.

Anyone know hwo I can do this?

Any other comments?

Chris