[Zope-dev] Re: Medusa and FTP PUT

Chimezie Thomas-Ogbuji cogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:46:32 -0600

Eventually, I found that NullResource is the top level class that
handles
this first (Objectmanager doesn't inherit off of it -- it inherits off
of Resource, which would explain why I couldn't override the PUT
method).
It has a block of logic similar to ObjectManager.PUTer that checks the
mime-types and instanciates DTMLDocuments, Files, Images appropriately.
The docstring for NullResource says:

Null resources are used to handle HTTP method calls on
    objects which do not yet exist in the url namespace

so I'm assuming my overidden PUT method will never be called by the
Medusa
FTP server if I try to put a nonexisting file on the server.  However, I
tried
to change the content of an existing file (an XMLDocument instance)
using
angle-ftp and xemacs and my overidden PUT was 'still' never invoked
and a DTMLDocument with the new content was put in it's place.

Go figure

--
Chimezie Thomas-Ogbuji
Consultant