[Zope-dev] LM and user objects

Chip Vanek chip@upcast.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:53:20 -0700

Hi,

I also tried to get the patch working with 2.2CVS PTK CVS and had little luck.
I also needed to manually apply the patch and worked through the errors until
I got a security violation with the PTK.  I was no longer in any way able to
access any of my test portals using the management interface.  I needed to
back the patch out and get to plain 2.21a and PTK cvs to even get a ZODB
portal working.

With all the problems with the standard PTK way of handling users access, I
think that the best long term solution is to fully make the leap into the use
of LoginManager and Racks as the standard mechenism for the PTK.  I also think
that the standard authentication algorithm should support user login screens
before basic auth for those folders that have a login_form in the aquisition
path.

So my vote is to check your patch into the main stream and harden it.

Best,

Chip Vanek
chip@upcast.com