[Zope-dev] Request for comments: Directory storage

Petru Paler ppetru@coltronix.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:17:03 +0300 (EEST)

> From my naive understanding, would this help with the problem ZODB has
> with regard to folders with many objects? Would a person who is using
> DirectoryStorage not necessarily be required to partition their objects
> into an artificially derived hierarchical directory structure?

   No, these are unrelated. DirectoryStorage is a storage for ZODB and
doesn't really care about what the application (Zope in this case) stores
in it.

> In other words can it be a possible solution to
> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/zope-dev/ReallyBigFolders ?
>
> Ooo, if so any idea on ETA?

    I don't know. Michel Pelletier has released an alpha BTreeFolder, but
I didn't had time to look at it..

-Petru