[Zope-dev] assigning proxy roles from python product, take 2

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:17:01 +0200

>Hmm.  No takers the first time.
>
>Quick review: python product, product instantiates a DTML method
>and tries to assign it a proxy role.  Proxy role gets assigned,
>but a 'manager' account can no longer access the method, though
>superuser can.  Zope 2.1.6.
>
>I played with the product some more, moving some stuff around, and
>this time when I instantiated it, the proxy role no longer seems
>to be working (I get a login box when I try to dereference the
>method).  The manager/superuser behavior is the same.
>
>The folder is created using newWampumboxF = Folder().  Then a
>method named processCCTrans is added to this folder using a
>manage_addDocument call.  That obviously works fine.  I then try
>to add the proxy role by doing the following:
>
>x=newWampumboxF.processCCTrans
>x._proxy_roles=('Manager',)
>newWampumboxF.processCCTrans=x
>
>It seems to me from my reading of the code that this should be
>equivalent to what manage_proxy does, though obviously
>without the through-the-web security checks.  But the end
>result is a DTML method that I can only view as superuser,
>but that has Manager checked in its 'proxy' management screen
>(as well as a perfectly normal appearing security page).
>
>Any guesses?  Any suggestions for experiements to run, even?

I reported this a looooong time ago (in the Collector, don't have a number)
as a bug for normal proxy roles (not product related), but never got an
answer. So probably this is hard solve (or no one saw it). This won't help,
I know, but thought I'd just let you know.

Rik