[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.1.5/6/7 upgrading issues

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:50:59 -0400

Hi guys,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the pain factor here -
there has been some CM process changes around here and the
2.1.x branch is suffering as a result :(

I have a proposal, however, that I hope will make this much
easier. How about if we:

  o release a "Product" today that, if you install it and
    restart your Zope (no matter what version), patches the
    hole at runtime (in memory change only).

  o retract the 2.1.7 release in favor of getting 2.2 beta 2
    out on Monday, which doesn't have the cruft problem of
    the 2.1.x branch and contains all fixes to date (and
    which will fix SQLMethod problems and support the SiteAccess
    release that Evan is making today).

I can have the new "hotfix" product ready by 12:00pm EST today.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909