[Zope-dev] Problem with adding items to ZClass instance

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:37:14 -0400

[Doh... I don't read messages without subjects. Here 'tis again. Sorry.]

Howdy all,

I discovered something bizarre that happens in my 2.1.4 and 2.2b1
installations.

I have a ZClass based on ObjectManager.  In an instance of the ZClass, I can
"Add" most of the available objects (DTML Documents, DTML Methods, User
Folder, MailHost to name a few).  However, for at least two items (TinyTable
and ZMySQL DB Connection), when I add them, they show up in the container
folder, not in the ZClass instance.  Then, if I check it to delete it, it
gives a "does not exist" error.  Upon refreshing the container folder, the
item still shows, but then I *can* delete it.  Equally interesting is that I
can Copy the item from the container folder and successfully Paste it into
the ZClass instance.  However, since ZMySQL DB Connections don't support
Copy/Paste, that won't work.

What's going on?  Is it a problem with my ZClass, the Product manage_add, or
Zope?  Or me?

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com