[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Please test this Zope 2.2 beta 1 ZSQLMe thods fix...

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:14:39 -0400

>     TJM> That did it!  But...  :) I ended up having to re-create all
>     TJM> my ZSQL methods, which was funny because they all worked in
>     TJM> the beta 1 but not in beta 2.  I kept getting len() of
>     TJM> unsized object errors.  Anyway, re-creating them all from
>     TJM> scratch (ugh..)  solved that problem.
>
> So - any news on the re-creating all the sql methods bit?  I am about
> to start doing the same thing.  Any way to work around this?

You certainly shouldn't have to do that - AFAIK, TJ's was the
only report of that behavior. There ARE other people reporting
something about "len of unsized object" errors with their SQL
methods after upgrading that I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce that locally. I
would really appreciate if some folks would:

  o !!backup your original Data.fs!! before trying out 2.2 beta 2

  o If you have any problems with the SQLMethods, if you can send
    me your zipped object db (and info on what products need to
    be installed to reproduce your environment) that would help a
    lot. (send a copy of the back up Data.fs)

It would be great if someone can send me one where the SQL stuff
is based on Gadfly or MySQL connections if possible...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909