[Zope-dev] 2.2 permission problem with adding ZClass Instance as user in DTML

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:35:39 -0600

OK, I have aproblem that is largely baffling me.

I have Meerting Management installed and working properly ... for the
most part.

If I use the following code to add a Managed Meeting, it works fine:

<a
href="/LAN/manage_addProduct/MeetingManagement/ManagedMeeting_factory">Add
LAN Party</a>

I get the form, and it adds as user just fine. Anonymous wokrs fine too.

However, this is not only ugly, it wreaks havoc with my navtrail. So I
copied my code from KnowledgeKit, and changed to suit the product:

Form calls as action the method CreateEvent:
<dtml-with "manage_addProduct['MeetingManagement']">
	<dtml-call "ManagedMeeting_Add(_.None, _)">
</dtml-with>

And it barfs on permissions, requesting a username/pass combo through
Basic HTTP Auth, as opposed to the cookie login I am using (Membership
0.6.0). The traceback is less than helpful, but if anyone wants it, I'll
post it.

Any help much appreciated, since I'll be able to return to working on
some cool stuff once this is resolved.

Bill