[Zope-dev] broken selection property support in z2.2

Scott Parish sRp@srparish.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 05:45:09 +0000

--2YJj5f1P6Th4nBRw

I tried creating a zclass that had a property sheet with a selection type,
which i had reference a property of a given name.  I then went to the
root folder in zope and created that property as a lines type.  When
i created an instance of my zclass though, it said "no value for given_name".
To fix this i changed the OFS/properties.dtml file to use the same syntax
as the properties.dtml in z2.1:

  <dtml-elif "type=='selection'">
    <dtml-if "_.has_key(select_variable)">
    <select name="<dtml-var id>">
      <dtml-in "_[select_variable]">

It used to use hasProperty and getProperty methods.  I'm not entirely sure
why they were used, or what they are suppose to do differently, but it
doesn't seem to work.

sRp

--
Scott Parish