[Zope-dev] adding attributes to a python product

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:35:21 +0100

Hi folks,

I have a Python Product that I'm developing. During the course of
development, I want to add a new attribute. All new instances get this
attribute, as it is defined with a default value in the constructor.

In addition, all instances that get edited via the web get the
attribute, as the edit-processing method is defined to have a default
value for this attribute.

Is there any way of interacting with the ZODB persistence machinery to
add the default attribute to all instances as they are brought out of
persistent storage -- so that I can just restart Zope, and have all of
my instances updated as I use them ?

I can't find the right method or whatever in the ZODB on-line docs, or
in the source.

Thanks for any help.

--
Steve Alexander