[Zope-dev] __ac_permissions__ confusion

Dyon Balding dyon@adroitnet.com.au
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:58:50 +1100

hiya, i'm working on a python product for zope, but running into
some confusion with permissions.

one of the entries in my __ac_permissions__ for my base python class is:

('Search Etailer Shop', ['productSearch'], ['Anonymous', 'Manager']),

which i had hoped would allow anonymous clients to access the productSearch
method.  it still however prompts for a username/password when i first try
to access the method.  if i go into the security management interface of the
instance of that product and without changing any settings hit 'Change',
the permissions work as expected:  anonymous can view the method.

my class inherits from Folder which inherits from RoleManager.

what am i missing?
i've had a look through ZCatalog, which appears to do exactly the same for
the 'Search ZCatalog' permission.

thanks
-d

--