[Zope-dev] ZClass ID bug

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:45:03 +0100

I have a ZClass based on CatalogAware (no problem) and on
DTMLDocument/DTMLMethod (it does not matter which). A number of instances
are added in a batch.

All this works well, but the id representation of the resulting instances
are not uniform and sometimes they're just wrong.

- In a normal manage_main view of their Container, the ids will show without
problem.
- 'objectIds' (and 'objectItems') also returns the right values, but
objectValues returns a <string> (i.e. an object) instead. This cannot be
brought to show its value (at least not by me)
- All the same absolute_url also returns <http://bla/bla/<string>. This
makes ZClasses subclassed from DTMLDocument/DTMLMethod unusable, at least
for my purposes.

I solved the problem by making a ZClasses based on objectManager, which is
not ideal, but workable for me.

Has anyone else seen this problem?
Is there a solution/patch around. i have no idea how to debug this?

I will post this to the Collector as well, but I thought this would be of an
interest to the list as well.

Rik