[Zope-dev] ANNOUNCE: ZScheduler 1st alpha release

Loren Stafford lstaffor@dynalogic.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:50:58 -0800

With some trepidation (because it's my first Python/Zope/OO product) I'd
like to announce availablity to developers of the first alpha release of
ZScheduler. ZScheduler is a Zope product that does event scheduling for Zope
applications -- similar to what cron does for Unix applications. You define
a special kind of DTML method and specify when you want that method to run.
When the specified time arrives, ZScheduler calls the method.

Be advised that this product was functional for the first time yesterday,
has been subject to light testing on Win98 only, and is known to be fragile
under certain conditions (like if you manually delete the schedule or items
in the schedule while it's running). Run it only in a laboratory
environment, not on any production systems.

That said, I hope you will try out this preliminary version and let me know
how I can make it more useful as a basis for event scheduling in Zope. I'd
also like to hear what kind of applications you find it useful for. And, of
course, should you find any bugs, let me know.

http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/ZScheduler

Many thanks to Martijn Pieters, for the initial design and code base, and to
Martijn and others on this list for help during development.

-- Thanks
-- Loren