[Zope-dev] Pointer or reference object

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:42:54 +0100

> One problem with having a reference count base class that's
> responsible for inactivate/delete the reference object is
> that Zope lacks a event model.
> If a folder/container is deleted it doesn't inform its
> siblings before it's deleted. And that may lead to invalid
> reference objects.
> I think ZCatalog have the same problem?
>
> There is a pointer product in the download section,
> have you looked at it?

Opps, it is not in the download sction any more.

Anyway, it's a Symbolic Link Product by Ty Sarna at Endicor Technologies, Inc
that reference a pointer object to a folder object base on a URL.

There is no way to control the acqusition path nor detect object if the object
is moved or deleted. Only links to folder are supported (as far as I can see).

If you what to play with it I could send you a copy of the tar ball.

//Johan