[Zope-dev] CatalogAwareness mod

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:08:45 -0500

At 10:26 AM 3/6/00 -0800, David Kankiewicz wrote:
>"James W. Howe" wrote:
> >
> > I've noticed that the manage_editCataloger code in 2.1.3 (and later?) still
> > requires a REQUEST variable just to change the default catalog.  I want to
> > set my default catalog from a DTMLMethod and I don't want to go to display
> > some result screen after the change has been made.  Currently I've modified
> > the method to simply return after setting the default_catalog if REQUEST is
> > None.  However, I don't really like having custom Zope mods since the
> > probability of losing them is high when upgrading.  What is the process for
> > making a request for a change to a particular Zope method?
>

>Quick question, are using something like this:
>
><dtml-call "manage_editCataloger('zcat',REQUEST)">
><dtml-call index_object>

Something similar to what you have above.  The major difference is that I'm
calling manage_editCataloger from Python code.  Basically I'm trying to
bulk load some objects from an XML file and I need to change the cataloger
but I don't want to give any feedback to the user until I'm all done.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103