[Zope-dev] urg

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:45:47 +0100

>How can a ZClass know when it is moved and how can you add some code to it,
>so this code is executed when the ZClass is moved.
>
>Tom.

I'm just trying to learn Zope with the background I have and thus I come
with these (probably) stupid ideas and questions:

This is not so difficult in other languages as eg Delphi :

MyClass=Class(BaseClass)
  (blabla)
  function test(...); override;
  (blabla)
end;

function MyClass.test(....);
begin
  <do whatever you want>
  inherited; (now call the function from BaseClass)
end;

So in Zope I thought:

Make a ZClass descending from CatalogAware
Then give the ZClass the method manage_afterAdd and define your code in
this method. In the method, refer to the manage_afterAdd method of the
baseclass.

The funny thing is, is that this fully works when I don't descent from
CatalogAware. I just stumble to all these problems when I descent from
CatalogAware. Possibly because CatalogAware itself uses the manage_afterAdd
method.

Tom.