[Zope-dev] urg

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:56:33 +0100

>But reading this carefully:
>
>- When a KBItem already is inside a KBFolder and the KBFolder is its
>category, then why go into the trouble of creating/updating properties.
>THis is information replication, which you should avoid
>I would think a simple <dtml-var
>"<specificKBFolder>.objectValues(['KBItem'])"> will get you all the
>items you want for a specific category.
>You may need a Catalog to do more complicated things, but you will have
>to be more specific for us to be able to help you.

Ah yes, but I thought not to catalog KBFolders. They are merely the class
which shows the KBItems in a way you want. Assume this: you've the
following Knowledgebase Tree :

Python
Zope
  What is Zope?
  Problem 1
  Python
  DTML
    What is DTML?

Then this would be

Python (KBFolder)
Zope (KBFolder)
  What is Zope? (KBItem; Categorie: ZOPE)
  Problem 1 (KBItem; Categorie: ZOPE)
  Python (KBFolder)
  DTML (KBFolder)
    What is DTML? (KBItem; Categorie ZOPE DTML)

Now:

searching for DTML will return: 'What is DTML?'
searching for ZOPE will return: 'What is ZOPE?', 'Problem1', 'What is DTML?'

Tom.