[Zope-dev] Using Zope in a client-server system

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 09:33:01 -0600

Itai Tavor <itavor@bigpond.net.au>

> Tres Seaver wrote:
<snip>

> >I think I missed something here:  Python *does* have an XML-RPC server
> >implementation (xmlrpclib.py), which is how Zope can do XML-RPC.
>
> I was thinking that for real two-way communication, the workstations
> will also have to be XML-RPC servers, and while I know that Zope can
> do that I have no idea how hard it would be to get xmlrpclib working
> outside Zope. But that's not really an issue if I use polling.

xmlrpclib.py is a normal Python module, published by the F-bot;  I expect it
will be part of the Python 1.6 distribution, for instance.  It comes "out of the
box" with a trivial server implementation, I think.

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com