[Zope-dev] Re: Excuses

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:02:31 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>
To: Tom Neff <tneff@bigfoot.com>; zope-dev@zope.org <zope-dev@zope.org>
Cc: Tom Deprez <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: donderdag 9 maart 2000 7:17
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Excuses

From: "Tom Neff" <tneff@bigfoot.com>
> Tom Deprez wrote:
> > I'm terribly sorry if I annoy somebody here on the list with all my
stupid
> > q'ns.
>
> Apologies are nice, but comprehension would be better.  There is a
separate
> mailing list (zope@zope.org) for questions and answers about USING Zope.
> This list (zope-dev@zope.org) is supposed to be for discussing DEVELOPING
> Zope, i.e., writing and debugging new versions of Zope itself and
associated
> modules.  With rare exceptions (like when a newbie stumbles on a serious
> bug) you should only post here if you already understand how to USE Zope,
> and you want to help code Zope internals.
>
> There are no stupid Zope questions, but there are wrong addresses for
> posting them.

At the moment the topic of this list isn't that focused, and this is not
necessarily wrong. Currently, this list discusses Zope internals
developement, and the development of Zope products. So, Tom was never off
topic.

[RH]Moreover, Tom asked his original question about 15 times on other lists
and only on this list his cry for help was answered. Small wonder then that
he thinks this one is his best bet ;-)

Rik