[Zope-dev] Ante Up? (Was Re: [Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] XSL for Zo pe - a bounty on this?)

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:07:40 -0500

First, I'll respect Patrick's statement to keep it on this list.
However, if anybody wants to spread the word on the other list, that's
fine too.

It isn't just odd that a few XML messages came in at the same time.
What's even more odd is that Mike and Uche (FourThought) were in our
(Digital Creations) office today, working with us on integrating their
XML with our Zope efforts!  Serendipity, to be sure.

The basic idea is that we are footing the bill for them to (a) look at
getting XML Document up to 1.0, and (b) bringing their leadership to
ZDOM.  The latter hopefully means making 4DOM (plus some Zope-specific
extensions) the replacement for ZDOM.  Since 4DOM is likely to become
Python DOM, this brings a ton of benefits, including some world-class
talent.

Note, though, what _isn't_ on the table right now: XPath and XSLT.  If
the "bounty" wants to get together and get that on the immediate radar,
now's the time.  Either fund DC or FourThought.

Anybody that's interested, send me a private note and we'll get the pool
going.

In summary, Zope's XML started getting better yesterday morning, and the
first deliverables should start landing in under six weeks.

--Paul