[Zope-dev] Zope Filesystem

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@radiumsystems.com.br
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 02:28:12 -0300 (BRT)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> I cannot see an easy way to map transaction boundaries (not to mention the
> management screens which rely on acquisition) on the filesystem. But I
> agree with you that for the context part CVS

I'm not saying a full-fledged input-output interface, at least not
initially. But somewhere where you could edit files manually and copy them
around and into backup storage and CVS.

> might be more powerful. I suppose a compromise could be achieved by having
> DTMLMethods/Documents and Folders represented on the filesystem and use an
> 'import tool' to import them into Zope, which can already be done to some
> extend.

Basically I would like to skip the 'import tool' part, and make the access
transparent. Given the existence of the ftp interface, I'm surprised it
hasn't been done already. It's on my TODO list.

Cheers,
--
_/\ Christian Reis is sometimes kiko@radiumsystems.com.br
\/~ suicide architect | free software advocate | mountain biker