[Zope-dev] Re: [ZIP] Translator 0.1 released

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:16:56 +0100

re-x-posting to zope-dev because is a general problem... sorry.

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Ibaņez Palomar Juan David's letter:

> > > I've just uploaded again the translator (same version number) to
> > > Zope.org with a bug fixed, so please download it again.
> > >
> > > Next week there're holidays in my city so I won't work too much on this.
> >
> > ok. i am integrating your and mine. i think i'll finish tomorrow or the day
> > after. in the meantime, do you know an easy way to extract acquisition
> > information from the md args to a dtml-localize method? i need to build
> > a list of the object with meta_type == 'Translator' in the acquisition
> > path and i am sure a function exists but i can't find it. :(
> >

> Look at the TranslateTag source code, specially the lines:
>
>   expression = VSEval.Eval("translator('%s')" % word, expr_globals)
>   translation.append(expression.eval(md))
>
> the first line builds the expression and the second one evaluates it.

unfortunately it does not help. i don't want to build an expression,
i simply want a list of objects with meta_type == 'Translator' in the
acquisition path. then i call the translate method on them and return the
first thing that does not bombs out an AttributeError. thank you anyway,

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog@mixadlive.com