[Zope-dev] ZServer speed enhancement (I hope)

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:18:28 -0500

> I got to poking around inside medusa's guts and said, "Hey,
> asyncore.poll() is the innermost loop, why not rewrite it in
> C?" So I did.
>
> <snip>
> I hope that for heavily loaded sites with many
> connections that
> it will produce a noticable performance improvement. But then, you
> probably shouldn't try this on a heavily-loaded site yet,
> unless you can
> tolerate some downtime... If you want to make this a standard piece of
> Zope (or medusa), that's okay by me, just let me know.

Andy -

Do have any sense yet of the speedup? Just some basic load tests
using ab against a specific set of URLs with and without the patch
would provide some not-very-scientific-but-still-useful feel for
how big the win is...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909