[Zope-dev] Adding Pike ability to Zope

David Brown davidbro@namshub.org
Mon, 01 May 2000 01:50:34 -0700

I have just submitted a product to be reviewed on the main Zope site.

It's called ZFDocument, and it subclasses DTML Document to allow it to
be editted by Pike (as well as in a browser -- this was always possible,
but I made it easier to expose).

Now all I really had to do was add four methods to my subclass, as well
as one instance var.  That, and the PikeCompatibility framework I built
for ZopeFish are all we need to be able to talk to Pike.

I propose that I modify (or submit patches for) DTML Method.  By adding
Pike compatibility there, we get it for almost everything.  XML Document
will take a patch, but that's easy enough to do, if I make the additions
a mixin.

Who do I talk to/What do I have to do to make this a reality?

dave