[Zope-dev] Zope & Z39.50

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Tue, 2 May 2000 11:11:47 -0700

[Eron Lloyd, on Tue, 02 May 2000]
:: Is there anyone that has been successful at using Zope and Python to
:: access resources of another database (Like a Library Automation System)
:: using the Z39.50 protocol? I haven't been able to find much of anything
:: on this; I know Z39.50 is not widely used for general Web communication.
:: I also wonder how hard it would be (if a solution doesn't exist) to
:: implement this in Zope, possibly by building a Z39.50 protocol toolkit
:: in Python and then plugging it into Zope.

There was a brief thread on this subject, in March, on the main Zope
list.

You might also find something interesting at http://www.bsn.com. They
are a system house using Python to develop distributed information
management systems using open standards, including Z39.50.