[Zope-dev] Building Zope on Win

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 19:41:19 -0700

> I came a millionth of an inch close to compiling Zope on windows with
> the cygwin tools, but it failed eventually due to a stupidity (in
> cygwin) that I could not fix.  People have mentioned that using the ming
> (myng?) compiler for windows works better.  I have no more information
> than that.

Once upon a time I dowloaded a tool written by David Ascher to create msdev
project files for Python extension modules. It seemed to work pretty well, but I
have since lost track of my copy, and haven't had any luck finding it on the
starship site. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to any time soon, what
with attacks by alien cruisers and all. If anyone out there has a copy I would
be most appreciative.

-jfarr