[Zope-dev] __init__.py

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Wed, 3 May 2000 11:44:12 -0700

[Martijn Faassen, on Wed, 03 May 2000]
:: Chris Withers wrote:
:: > Hi,
:: >
:: > In the process of re-engineering Squishdot to use Catalogs I bumped into
:: > __init__.py and wondered if this was out of date as well.
:: >
:: > I can't tell though 'cos I can't find any documentation on __init__.py, old or
:: > new, to work from. Is there any?
:: >
:: > Also, is there something like a How-To for creating python products (in
:: > particular; what should go into __init__.py and what should go into
:: > ProductName.py?) using the latest, future proofed, methods?
::
:: The Boring howto and the Boring product are helpful here. I have a
:: skeleton document on product development guidelines but it's still a
:: skeleton, ideally there should be somekind of extensive document
:: addressing what to do and what not to do when developing a
:: Zope 'standards-comformant' product.

Two things:

Last year, Zen made an effort to preserve Amos' Old Product API
Tutorial at http://www.zope.org/Members/Zen/howto/ProductAPITutorial

and

Beehive has a Zope Product called mkproduct, with documentation, which
is designed to take the tedium out of product packaging:
http://www.zope.de/software/mkproduct/index_eng_html